About The Conference
Join us for the 10th Annual IES Quality Summit as we celebrate ten years of shaping the future of Emergency Medicine by sharing evidence-based practices that produce better quality outcomes and enhance Emergency Medicine’s value to healthcare delivery to our patients and communities.
This year’s Summit will feature a presentation by Nick Zenarosa, MD, FACEP, Founder and Chairman of Integrative Emergency Services, on the current state of Emergency Medicine. Additionally, we will welcome experts to discuss the science of resuscitation and clinical best practices for pediatric and trauma emergencies in the community.
The IES Quality Summit is open to providers, hospital administrators, and key stakeholders dedicated to enhancing healthcare delivery through Emergency Medicine. Providers will acquire tools and resources to enhance their practice through continuing medical education (CME) and continuing education (CE) credits that will be offered.
Irving Convention Center
500 W Las Colinas Blvd.,
Irving, Texas 75039
CHECK-IN LOCATIONS & BREAKFAST
- Check-in at 7:00AM; please sign in and pick up your conference badge and materials.
- Located on the 4th floor of the convention center.
- Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas has free parking in the convention center parking garage.
- Click Here for a listing of hotels conveniently located near the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas.
- Lectures will begin at 8:00AM Central Standard Time.
- Please log in 15-20 minutes before the lectures start to ensure a good connection and allow sufficient time to troubleshoot audio or visual technical issues.
- There is no call-in number for this conference. Only the live video stream is available for virtual participants.
- Questions can be submitted through the chat.
Poster Due Date
Submissions are due by Monday, May 1, 2023, and should be sent via email to Jennifer Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review the poster submission guidelines to ensure that your poster is properly formatted for submission. If not properly formatted, your submission may be returned for amending.
First, Second, Third Place, Honorable Mention, and Peer Favorite.
Based on the judging criteria, all submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges who are known experts in the delivery of healthcare. The top five posters will be announced on Monday, May 15, 2023, and the primary author must submit a written summary of their poster that, when read aloud, does not exceed 60 seconds.
The top ten selected posters will also be submitted to national conferences in healthcare for contest judging, such as EDBA, SAEM, ACEP, TCEP, etc.
- Originality: How original is the concept presented in this poster? Or, how original is the new approach to an old problem?
- Significance: How significant are the poster’s conclusions in increasing understanding of a disease process, or in improving the diagnosis or treatment of a disease state?
- Presentation: How logical are the ideas presented in this poster? How interesting is the manner of presentation? How clearly written and free of significant grammatical problems is the abstract?
- Methods: If applicable, how suitable is the research design for the stated objectives, and how appropriate are any statistical techniques applied?
- Visual Impact: How effective is this poster visually? How valuable is each figure and graph in furthering viewers’ understanding of the research subject?
Quality Poster Competition
The Quality Poster Contest recognizes outstanding posters featuring a quality or value project that has been successfully implemented within an emergency department. The Top 5 posters will be highlighted, and awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Posters, as well as the Honorable Mention and Peer Favorite.
Quality and Leadership Awards
The awards ceremony will take place during lunch to announce the recipients of five awards for quality and leadership.
- John A. Marx, MD, FAAEM Award for Quality in Emergency Medicine recognizes a Physician who embodies Dr. Marx and his unparalleled commitment to enhancing the quality of Emergency Medicine through leadership, service, and evidence-based research.
- Dighton C. Packard, MD, FACEP Award for Leadership in Emergency Medicine recognizes an outstanding physician who personifies Dr. Packard’s unyielding pursuit to advance the field of Emergency Medicine through leadership and service.
- Advanced Practice Provider Service Award honors an advanced practice provider who demonstrates clinical excellence and outstanding patient-centered care.
- Physician of the Year Award in Emergency Medicine recognizes an exceptional Physician who works on the front line, exemplifies our mission statement, and is committed to providing quality-based medicine.
- We are pleased to announce a new award, Physician of the Year in Hospital Medicine. This award recipient is committed to providing quality-based medicine, demonstrates innovative patient care, and is looked upon as a leader and mentor to all.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians and Integrative Emergency Services. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Improved understanding of the science of resuscitation
- Increased awareness of the importance of collaborative pre-hospital communication
- Review of special population resuscitation best practices (trauma/pediatric/in-house codes)
As a valued partner, we are soliciting your support for this premier medical education and training event. As a sponsor, you will have the opportunity to promote your company brand, products, and services to the approximately 400 key Emergency Medicine providers, leaders, and decision-makers who attend annually. In addition to the exposure that the Quality Summit provides our sponsors, your participation in this event demonstrates your commitment to the support of the continuing education of Emergency Medicine practitioners. Your support helps us to develop more knowledgeable healthcare providers and directly impacts the more than one million patients that our healthcare providers serve annually.
The details regarding the different opportunities, payment instructions, and other information can be found in the 2023 Quality Summit Sponsorship Prospectus.
Thank you in advance for your support. We are looking forward to our 10th Annual IES Quality Summit!