About the Program
Join us for the IES Critical Procedures Course, a comprehensive, hands-on course led and designed by Elizabeth Fagan, MD, FAEMS, FACEP, Director of Education and EMS at IES, to ensure that IES Physicians and APPs maintain proficiencies in high-risk/low-frequency critical procedures.
The course will be open from 8:00am – 5:00pm each day to allow clinicians to attend at the most convenient time for them.
- Demonstrate the importance of incorporating a checklist in central line insertion procedures.
- Perform advanced airway procedures with the use of equipment available in your routine working environment.
- Justify the value and utilization of ultrasound for peripheral IV access.
- Perform high-risk procedures encountered infrequently.
Northwest Medical Center – Springdale
609 West Maple Ave.,
Springdale, Arkansas 72764
The Conference Room
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Parking & Arrival
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to have time to park before the course begins.
- Clinicians at Northwest Health can park in the designated lot, and there is overflow parking available on the west side of the building.
- Airway: Adjuncts/Intubation/ Bronch/Surgical
- Vascular Access: US-guided CL/PIV & IO
- Chest Procedures: Needle/Tube/Finger/Pigtail Thoracostomy
- Neonatal Resuscitation: Umbilical Access/NRP Review
- Lumbar Puncture: Peds/Adult