- Increase knowledge of social determinants of health.
- Improve culturally sensitive patient care.
- Cultivate a welcoming work environment for all.
- Maximize the recruitment and retention of URiM individuals.
- Foster a culture that values diversity and continuously discusses and learns about equity and inclusion.
Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship
“The first ACEP Clinical Ultrasound Accreditation Program (CUAP) Accredited emergency department in Texas, and one of the first in the United States.”
Program Director: Nicholas Saltarelli, MD
IES and the Department of Emergency Medicine at JPS Hospital offer a one-year program providing a robust and thorough education in Emergency Ultrasound and its clinical applications and the administrative and teaching experiences required for a successful career in Emergency Ultrasound. In addition, we participate in the Society of Clinical Ultrasound Fellowships (SCUF) and NRMP match process.
Fellows will gain experience with emergency department adult applications of point-of-care ultrasound in medical and trauma patients and regional anesthesia, critical care, advanced echocardiography, and pediatric applications. In addition, fellows will gain experience in the ultrasound program administration by working directly with the ultrasound director in the administrative processes. Fellows will also develop their teaching curriculum and will be able to direct a case review and QA process by the end of the fellowship.
- Competitive Salary
- Experience as an attending in a county academic emergency department with Emergency Medicine residents
- Transesophageal Echocardiography Training
- International Conference Experience
- Outside Teaching Opportunities
- Paid Attendance at ACEP Ultrasound Management Course
Contact us today
to see how IES can help you
provide more meaningful care.