Emergency Medicine Physician – Market President
Integrative Emergency Services is looking for a Market President to manage clinical operations, quality, and financial performance of assigned Emergency Medicine market. This position interfaces between hospital administration leadership, site leadership and employees, and the management company to ensure high levels of satisfaction with performance from all stakeholders.
IES is a growing company based in Dallas, Texas, with national operations. As we expand, we seek to fill positions in the corporate office and regional facilities with individuals motivated to shape the future of Emergency Medicine through delivering high-value healthcare. We recruit a premier level of talented individuals drawn to our mission-driven model and inspired to make a difference.
IES-affiliated facilities are top-tier hospitals with some of the best places to give and receive emergency, urgent, and unscheduled care. Our best-in-class Emergency Medicine clinicians have a well-deserved reputation for exceptional clinical delivery. We arm them with tools to practice evidence-based medicine, as reflected in our low medical malpractice costs.
Our expertise allows us to achieve the best possible outcomes for the hospitals, practices, and patients we serve. We are a solid, dedicated team that has practiced together for many years. To grow our team, we meticulously cultivate a premier level of talented professionals who are passionate about reshaping Emergency Medicine and, as a result, are drawn to our mission-driven model.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Responsible for all areas of operations for assigned market. Works closely with IES management company leadership and departments, Site Medical Directors and other IES site leadership, and the hospitals to ensure strong performance and the need for operational improvements as they arise.
- Develops, manages, and promotes initiatives that improve the quality, service, and overall care of the populations we serve. Collaborates with necessary stakeholders and partners to develop and maintain a comprehensive strategy to monitor, evaluate, and improve the quality of patient care and patient experience. Provides executive oversight of the market to ensure that work environments are focused on the same and that employees are developed. Aligns company efforts surrounding quality, service, and care with client hospitals and systems. Protects the assets and intellectual property of IES and its subsidiaries and serves as a steward of company resources.
- Sets the vision and strategic direction for clinician resourcing and staffing. Manages workforce development, capacity analysis, and workforce deployment. Facilitates the recruitment and retention of a diverse team by partnering with site level leaders to ensure the identification, promotion, and success of candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Builds a culture within the market that can execute change to meet stated objectives. Drives market leaders to develop and implement solutions which improve physician engagement and support throughout different stages of the clinician experience. Leverages the full talent and expertise of market physician leaders through mentoring and attention.
- Foresees challenges, interprets relevant information, develops plans and strategies, makes decisions for organizational success.
- Functions as an agent of change to enhance the market and the company’s reputation.
- Actively works to develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships between IES and client hospitals. Maintains appropriate and efficient communication throughout the organization.
- Exhibits and exemplifies the organizational core values on a consistent basis.
- Ensures that the company and sites within the market maintain compliance with all clinical medical policies, directives, rules, regulations and clinical performance standards of the state, the federal government, hospital bylaws, and accrediting bodies.
- Leads the team to accountability regarding achievement of key performance indicators (KPIs) and key performance measures (KPMs). Develops and continuously enhances physician performance measures.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong aptitude for leading large teams and demonstrated history of high-performance results
- Ability to influence to drive superior outcomes
- Ability to work across and collaborate with multiple departments
- Ability to recruit, retain, and lead diverse teams
- Ability to shift between strategic thinking and operational details effectively and quickly. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable with presentations to senior management, boards, community groups, physicians and staff
- Ability to integrate and harmonize diversified functions. Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills; able to resolve problems quickly and effectively
- An appetite for managing change and a tolerance for ambiguity. Strong ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use discretion appropriately and maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
Education / Experience: Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Physician (M.D. or D.O) with a current and unrestricted physician license in a state or territory of the United States
- Maintain Board Certification in Emergency Medicine.
- Current DEA registration
- Eligible to participate in Medicare and Medicaid
- Minimum of 5 years’ physician executive experience or equivalent experience with evidence of progressively greater responsibility
- Demonstrable and credible experience in clinical practice to relate credibly to a diverse and exceptionally trained clinical team.
- MBA or other advanced management degree is highly desirable.
Contact us today
to see how IES can help you
provide more meaningful care.